Shadow joins EPD
Red Brick Porsche Show
Eaton selects new fire/EMS chief
Summer sounds at The Amphitheater
Lions team up with council for bathroom project
- West Alexandria news - 2:33 pm
- Oxford dedicates September to volunteer work - 2:33 pm
- ‘Oinkers’ for Art - 2:33 pm
- Camden Village approves parking ordinance, more - 2:33 pm
- ‘Groove & Be’ in Oxford - 2:33 pm
- EPD encouraging NAC groups - 2:33 pm
- Downtown Saturday Night set for weekend - 2:33 pm
- View Story - 2:33 pm
- Eaton Police reports - 1:59 pm
- Eaton student wins local scholarship - 1:59 pm
- Attorney General DeWine warns of scams targeting students - 1:58 pm
- Serious crash in Eaton - 1:58 pm
- Oxford Police reports - 1:58 pm
- TCN announces affordable lunch program - 8:59 pm
- Student note - 8:59 pm
- Warwick trial rescheduled - 8:59 pm
- Phi Delta Theta combats negative stereotype - 3:13 pm
- Former library fiscal officer owes $36,407 - 3:12 pm
- Special election slated for Sept. 13 - 3:12 pm
- Preble County Sheriff’s reports - 3:12 pm
- Public Safety: Oxford Police reports - 3:12 pm
- Eaton FFA reports on banquet - 3:12 pm
- NP planning for AppleFest - 3:12 pm
- Public Safety: Eaton Police Reports - 3:12 pm
- Antique tractors show their muscle - 3:42 pm
- Senior Edition - 3:42 pm
- Demolition derby a smashing success - 3:42 pm
- City of Oxford discusses preliminary plans - 3:42 pm
- Eaton ‘safe routes’ - 3:42 pm
- Bruce announces honor roll, attendance awards - 3:42 pm
- Man indicted for rape - 3:42 pm
- TCN 7th grader wins big with first turkeys - 3:42 pm
- SWCD meeting planned - 3:42 pm
- Major Fort St. Clair restoration proposed for education and tourism purposes - 3:27 pm
- Testing mosquitoes - 3:27 pm
- 10-year-old motorcycle passenger killed in crash - 3:27 pm
- Guckian selected to participate in intensive agricultural leadership program - 3:27 pm
- Backpack giveaway a huge success - 3:27 pm
- Rodeo a success at Preble County Fair - 3:27 pm
- Miami U. sports gearing up for fall - 3:27 pm
- Fair coming to an end - 3:27 pm
- Events planned at Oxford Pioneer Farm - 3:27 pm
- U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown holding round table in Eaton - 11:59 am
- Eaton Police Division reports - 2:06 pm
- PC Auditor presents June report - 2:06 pm
- Donation trailer to collect garage sale leftovers - 2:05 pm
- New wild game cook-off draws raves - 2:05 pm
- Cake, pie auction buys new coolers for produce barn - 2:05 pm
- Eaton FFA completes placemat project - 2:05 pm
- News briefs - 2:05 pm
Eaton student wins local scholarship
EATON — Miranda Lee, a 2016 graduate of Eaton High School, has been named this year’s recipient of the G. Matthew Henry Memorial Scholarsh...
Attorney General DeWine warns of scams targeting students
COLUMBUS — As students head back to school, Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine is warning consumers to beware of scams targeting students.“...
Serious crash in Eaton
Aftermath of a head-on collision on US route 127One of the vehicles involved in a crash on US route 127EATON — Emergency crews work at the scene...
Oxford Police reports
OXFORD — The Oxford Police Division filed the following recent incident reports:Monday, Aug. 8Subject at 11 S. Poplar St. reported having receiv...
TCN announces affordable lunch program
LEWISBURG — Tri-County North Local Schools recently announced its 2016-2017 program year policy for free and reduced price meals for students un...
Margaret WoolfOXFORD — Margaret Woolf, Brookville, was one of more than 40 students to receive an award from Miami University’s architectu...
South runners ready for 2016
WEST ALEXANDRIA — The Twin Valley South cross country team is looking to break a long streak of failing to bring home a team conference title. C...
Eaton soccer team poised to earn victories
EATON — Matt Money is back to help the Eaton boys soccer team return to prominence in the Southwestern Buckeye League.“Last season, the pl...
National Trail looking to outpace competition
NEW PARIS — Having missed winning the Cross County Conference crown in 2015, the National Trail Blazers cross-country team looks to regain the c...
Tri-County North netters ready for 2016
LEWISBURG — First-year coach Melissa Wilson-Stockwell looks for improvement in theTri-County North volleyball team, which went 6-15 last year.Ha...
Trail soccer team looking for stability
NEW PARIS — The National Trail boys soccer program has fallen on hard times in recent years, but the Blazers hope 2016 will bring about positive...
Blazer volleyball eager to spike their opponents
NEW PARIS — Not since 1996 has the National Trail volleyball team won the Cross County Conference championship. With veteran coach Joy Yeazel at...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Popular filmmaking program returns to library
EATON — Kids between the ages of 8-12 have another opportunity to make their own short film at the Eaton Library. The popular ‘Tween Filmm...
District library plans activities
Kids and familiesCreate, Explore, and More!Jump into the Eaton Library’s different creative and exploratory stations on Saturday, Aug. 20, start...
EATON — B-I-N-G-O: Friday Aug. 19, at 2 p.m., play bingo, sponsored by Heartland. Join us at the Preble County Council on Aging.Thursday Night D...
Determining when to end treatment
METRO — Millions of people around the world are living with cancer or living as cancer survivors, with millions more receiving a cancer diagnosi...
West Alexandria News
WEST ALEXANDRIA — Birthdays this week: The Reverend Mark Moore, W. Kyle Fischer, Danielle Ulrich, Debbie Schmidt, Amanda Beneke, Jim Ray, Brende...
Miami faculty shine new light on da Vinci at Cincinnati Museum Center exhibit
CINCINNATI — A team of experts from Miami University is stopping by Da Vinci – The Genius, an exhibit at the Cincinnati Museum Center, to ...
Law enforcement working to support our community
What we have seen go on in multiple cities and neighborhoods throughout the country is not indicative of what I have seen when I have gone on ride-a-l...
A threat to farm and ranch taxpayers (and other small businesses)
AMES, IOWA — In a shocking development, tucked away in the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015, passed by Congress and signed by the President, there ...
From the bench
In September 2004, James Smith was indicted in the Montgomery County Common Pleas Court on one count of aggravated burglary and one count of rape. In ...
We count on the mail
I got the mail today.A couple of bills. A greeting card. Some catalogs. A newspaper. One package that my wife grabbed right away. (Wonder what that wa...
Preble fortunate to have ER
Editor:Two weeks ago my husband injured his ankle, and we thought it may be broken. Since this was an emergency, we went to the Kettering Health Netwo...
Hamilton: What does Congress need? Your attention!
Now that the conventions are over, I know that all eyes are on the fall presidential campaign. But I’m going to ask you to shift your focus a bi...
Stop threats in advance
EATON — The Preble County Development Partnership and the Preble County Chamber of Commerce are hosting a free workshop: Cyber Threats, How to M...
Barnes takes different job route
EATON — Stephen Barnes didn’t go into the business for which his family is so well-known in the Eaton area, but he has come home to bring ...
LCNB’s Wilson sets retirement date, Foster adds CEO to his responsibilities
LEBANON — The Board of Directors of LCNB Corp. announced on Monday, Dec. 28, 2015, that Stephen P. Wilson would retire as Chief Executive Office...
Pete Ferriell joins Somerville National Bank
PREBLE COUNTY — Somerville National Bank has brought in a new face to help take their agricultural loan department to the next level.Earlier thi...
McCoy elected president of Dayton Mortgage Bankers Association
DAYTON — Mike McCoy, Vice President of Sales at Union Savings Bank, has been selected as the 2016 President of Dayton Mortgage Bankers Associati...