registerherald.com

Family’s Christmas interrupted by fire

Staff Report

6 months 18 days 8 hours ago |7166 Views | | | Email | Print

GREENVILLE - A juvenile was determined to be the cause of a residential fire at 604 Gray Ave. in Greenville Wednesday night.


According to the Greenville Fire Department, the fire began in a downstairs bedroom where the child was reported to have been playing with matches or a lighter. Firefighters were able to contain the flames to the bed and framing only, however smoke filled the entire side of the duplex. The other side of the residence was unoccupied at the time and no damaged was visible.


The homeowners were all able to evacuate the residence and no injuries were reported.

Comments

comments powered by Disqus

Weather

Sponsored By:

Local Gas Prices

Lowest Gas Prices in Eaton
Eaton Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com

Featured Business