ENGLEWOOD — Members of the Miami Valley Career Technology Center (MVCTC) SkillsUSA chapter recently competed at regional SkillsUSA Contest with 31 students qualifying to move to the Ohio SkillsUSA Competitions in Columbus, Ohio on April 26-27, 2016. The State Contest, located at the Greater Columbus Convention Center, will bring together thousands of SkillsUSA students from all over the state to compete in everything from Advertising Design to Welding.
The SkillsUSA Ohio championship consists of 81 Technical and Leadership contests. Participants are challenged to complete a project in their area of technical training within a specified time while being scored by a panel of judges from business, industry, and education. Top state qualifiers will earn a chance to compete in the SkillsUSA championships in Louisville, KY, in June for national honors.
MVCTC Regional Winners are as follows:
Gold – First Place
• Crime Scene Investigation Team – Austin Brewer (Criminal Justice/Preble Shawnee), Hillary Harris (Criminal Justice/Arcanum), and Anthony Jacobs (Criminal Justice/Tri-County North).
• Photography Contest – Andrea Nisius (Graphic Commercial Photography/Tri-County North)
Silver – Second Place
• Architectural Drafting – Richard Bruss (Architectural Design/Northmont)
• Job Skill Demo Contest – Madeline Durham (Dental Assistant/Eaton)
• Opening & Closing Team Contest – Dental Assistant Junior Team of Morgan Bell (Miamisburg), Chelcee Carroll (Arcanum), Madison Cox (Tippecanoe), Jaycee Groves (Carlisle), Richard Huynh (Northridge), Taylor Nuse (Tri-County North), and Linley Spoonmore (Brookville)
• Photography Contest – Kelly Fourman (Graphic Commercial Photography/Franklin Monroe)
• Prepared Speech – Audrey Kelly (Graphic Commercial Art/Ansonia)
• Promotional Bulletin Board Team – Zaccheaus Allen (Digital Design/National Trail) and Austin Frazier (Digital Design/Carlisle)
• TeamWorks Senior Team – Cameron Bayer (Electrical Trades/Tri-County North), Luke Stoner (Construction Carpentry/Twin Valley South), Arie Thumser (Construction Carpentry/Bethel), and Seth Wright (HVAC/Eaton)
Bronze – Third Place
• Advertising Design – Erica Bell (Graphic Commercial Art/Miamisburg)
• Customer Service – Carolyn Boccara (Air Force ROTC/Trotwood-Madison)
• Esthetics Team – Emma Deranek-Williams (Cosmetology/Valley View) and Haylee Penn-Lunce (Cosmetology/West Carrollton)
• Prepared Speech – Delaney Adams (Graphic Commercial Art/Twin Valley South)
• TeamWorks Junior Team – Trevor Black (Construction Carpentry/Meadowdale), Jaysen Haenel (Construction Carpentry/Northmont), Jonathan Mourouzis (Construction Carpentry/Northmont), and Cole Washington (Electrical Trades/New Lebanon)
For more information about MVCTC, please visit www.mvctc.com.