Pig auction a blast
Honoring Joe Slone
State of the Village
Search warrant leads to arrest
AppleFest this weekend
- Area meetings - 2:35 pm
- Veterans News - 2:31 pm
- Voter registration near - 2:28 pm
- News briefs - 12:16 pm
- How occupational therapy can help chronic pain sufferers - 11:15 am updated: 11:15 am.
- View Story - 10:20 am
- Senior edition - 10:17 am
- Help take ‘10 Million Steps to Prevent Falls’ - 2:00 pm
- Public record: Marriage license applications - 2:00 pm
- U.S. Open Beer Championship presents ‘Evolution of Beer’ - 2:00 pm
- West Alexandria news - 1:59 pm
- Somerville National Bank announces promotions - 1:59 pm
- Haygood: professor, journalist, Ohioana Book Award winner - 1:59 pm
- National vehicle extrication program set in West Alexandria - 1:59 pm
- Sixth year for Walk to Remember, Walk for Hope - 1:59 pm
- BC bomb unit called in by OPD - 1:59 pm
- Area meetings - 2:35 pm
- Veterans News - 2:31 pm
- Senior center seeking passage of levy - 8:14 pm
- United Way of Oxford honors unsung heroes - 6:44 pm
- Woman dies after being struck by vehicle - 5:50 pm
- OCAC brings the ‘Grand Ol’ Dork Opry’ to Oxford - 1:49 pm
- Miami in the midst of Homecoming Week - 12:47 pm
- National Trail announces affordable lunch program - 12:22 pm
- Public record: Preble County real estate transfers - 7:02 pm
- West Alexandria news - 6:52 pm
- Student notes - 6:49 pm
- Senior edition - 6:48 pm
- Public record: marriage applications - 6:46 pm
- ‘Prayer in the Park’ to battle heroin problem - 6:46 pm
- Oxford Council recognizes Prostate Cancer Awareness, more - 6:45 pm
- Scarecrow Scamper registrations sought - 6:43 pm
- Public safety: Eaton Police reports - 6:42 pm
- News briefs - 2:56 pm
- Pig-out at the Pork Festival - 2:56 pm
- Seeking Mrs. Eaton for Mrs. Ohio Pageant - 2:56 pm
- Grand jury issues indictments - 2:56 pm
- News briefs - 2:56 pm
- PCRTA to meet - 3:04 pm
- RCO starting up season - 1:23 pm
- District library plans activities - 1:19 pm
- News briefs - 1:19 pm
- Senior edition - 1:19 pm
- West Alexandria news - 1:19 pm
- Twin Valley honors donors, fire/EMS personnel - 1:19 pm
- PFLAG plans panel discussion - 1:19 pm
- Gordon/Verona blood drive set - 1:19 pm
- Special primary election next week - 1:19 pm
- Hip-hop Shakespeare comes to Oxford - 1:19 pm
- Preble auditor takes part in statewide Skimmer Sweep - 1:19 pm
U.S. Open Beer Championship presents ‘Evolution of Beer’
OXFORD — On Thursday, Sept. 22, the Oxford Community Arts Center will host the third annual Beer Academy, sponsored by the U.S. Open Beer Champi...
West Alexandria news
WEST ALEXANDRIA — Birthdays this week: Candy Robbins, Emily Robbins, Bob Nisius, Jeff Hickey, Anna Carlson, Joyce Deeter, Christina Weber, Olivi...
Somerville National Bank announces promotions
SOMERVILLE — Somerville National Bank recently announced the promotion of three of its bank officers, Paul Taylor, David Ulrich, and Beverly Kol...
Haygood: professor, journalist, Ohioana Book Award winner
OXFORD – Miami University “Boadway Distinguished Scholar-in-Residence” Wil Haygood recently won an Ohioana Book Award for “Sho...
National vehicle extrication program set in West Alexandria
WEST ALEXANDRIA — In just a few days, on Monday, Sept. 26, Weber’s Body & Frame, a member of the National Auto Body Council (NABC), wi...
Sixth year for Walk to Remember, Walk for Hope
EATON — September is National Suicide Prevention Month and the Preble County Mental Health & Recovery Board is committed to bringing awarene...
PS netters suffer two losses, rebounds for win
CAMDEN —The Preble Shawnee volleyball team is now 6-6 overall after a busy week which ended with a win and two losses.Shawnee hosted Northridge ...
TVS golf beats Ansonia, 197-263
WEST ALEXANDRIA — On Thursday, Sept. 15, Twin Valley South beat Ansonia, 197-263, in a dominating team effort at the Eaton Country Club.Nathan O...
TVS’ Wright takes 3rd at Cedarville Invitational
CEDARVILLE — Twin Valley South senior Madison Wright placed third in the Cedarville Friendship Invitational last weekend.Both TVS and National T...
Eaton volleyball beats Ross in thriller
EATON — On Thursday, Sept. 15, the Eaton volleyball team hosted the Ross Lady Rams in non-conference action. It was the home team that emerged t...
Eaton tennis wins three, improves to 9-6
EATON — The Eaton girls tennis team picked up three wins last week, bringing their overall record to 9-6.“We had just played Edgewood on S...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
This week at your library
Saturday, Aug. 27A History of Quilts and Quilting2 p.m. at the Eaton LibraryJoin Deb Crumbaker, avid quilter and member of the PC Genealogical Society...
Erin Renée Babis, daughter of Joseph and Beverly (Hora) Babis of Prosper, Texas and Dominic Anthony Piazza, son of Robert and Martha Piazza of Mo...
EATON — Joshua and Julie (Huff) Ruebush announce the birth of their son, Emery Jay Ruebush, on Aug. 5, 2016.Emery was born at McCullough-Hyde Me...
Around the ‘Burg
LEWISBURG — Lewisburg is in preparation for two great events: Derby Days and the 2016 TCN school year. Both will showcase the warm hospitality k...
Popular filmmaking program returns to library
EATON — Kids between the ages of 8-12 have another opportunity to make their own short film at the Eaton Library. The popular ‘Tween Filmm...
District library plans activities
Kids and familiesCreate, Explore, and More!Jump into the Eaton Library’s different creative and exploratory stations on Saturday, Aug. 20, start...
Osswald family says ‘thanks’
Editor:Thank you volunteers!Osswald Family Farm LLC wishes to thank all of the volunteers and donors who supported the donation of fresh cabbage this ...
WIC officials say ‘thanks’
Editor:The Preble County Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Program held a celebration for Breastfeeding Awareness Month at Fort St. Clair on Aug. 18. ...
Former 4-H’er shares gratitude for fairgrounds support
Editor:My name is Ryan Vonderhaar, I am a third-year student at The Ohio State University studying Agricultural Communication.I grew up just outside o...
From the bench
In 2012, Michael J. O’Shea, a principal of Lipson O’Shea Legal Group, made a request for records from the Cuyahoga County Board of Health ...
Look out! AAA study reveals flying furniture, debris caused more than 200,000 crashes
DAYTON — In this, the peak of the moving season, a new study by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety, reveals that more than 200,000 crashes ov...
Covered bridges: Dixon Branch
LEWISBURG — The second oldest of the “white-painted” bridges is the Dixon Branch (also Dixon’s Branch on some maps and in some...
Know your fireworks rules
OHIO — There’s the old joke: Independence Day is the holiday when we show how much we love our country by blowing up a small part of it.No...
Stop threats in advance
EATON — The Preble County Development Partnership and the Preble County Chamber of Commerce are hosting a free workshop: Cyber Threats, How to M...
McCullough-Hyde rewards customer service excellence
OXFORD — On Monday, March 11, McCullough-Hyde Memorial Hospital honored employees nominated for their outstanding customer service. The ROSE (Re...
LCNB’s Wilson sets retirement date, Foster adds CEO to his responsibilities
LEBANON — The Board of Directors of LCNB Corp. announced on Monday, Dec. 28, 2015, that Stephen P. Wilson would retire as Chief Executive Office...
Pete Ferriell joins Somerville National Bank
PREBLE COUNTY — Somerville National Bank has brought in a new face to help take their agricultural loan department to the next level.Earlier thi...